WA headquartered construction and maintenance contractor ECM today announced it has secured new contracts in the Resource, Agriculture and Infrastructure sectors with a combined value of approximately $60 million. The company has also established a permanent Sydney office in Mascot to support the strong demand for its services in major infrastructure developments in the NSW capital.
New work comprises:
- Electrical and Communications package for the mainline Tunnels East on the M5 WestConnex Road Tunnel project in Sydney for the CPB, Samsung, Dragados Joint Venture.
- Fabrication, assembly and delivery of over 42 new grain handling assets including CLS Stackers, Drive Over Grids and associated equipment for Co-Operative Bulk Handling (CBH) Group from the ECM Henderson based Fabrication Facility under a previously executed Master Supply Agreement.
- Brownfields Design and Construct machinery throughput upgrades at various CBH grain facilities across regional WA
- Our Services division has executed a 3-year Minor Services and Ancillary Goods contract for Citic Pacific Mining at its Sino Iron project in WA’s Pilbara and added Alcoa’s Kwinana Refinery to the HVAC delivery portfolio
- An Electrical and Instrumentation package for QCoal Groups Byerwen Coal Mine in Queensland’s Bowen Basin for Sedgman
- A mechanical, piping and electrical package associated with brownfields expansion of BHP’s Jimblebar Mine
ECM CEO and Managing Director, Simon Higgins, said, “The successful award of a second major Infrastructure project in the Sydney market and the opening of the Mascot office are really satisfying outcomes for us, we see the region as a significant growth area for ECM over the coming years.
“Equally as pleasing is the continuation and strengthening of our relationship with CBH through the 2018 Harvest program works. From one of ECM’s foundation customers during the 1980s, CBH remains a key relationship for our business after 32 years.”
Media contact: Emma Woods, Growth and Development Coordinator, (08) 9455 2944