Bunbury, Western Australia provides shipping port facilities for several alumina refineries, in particular Worsley Alumina. The project works included the installation of a second shiploader to increase the facilities shipping capacity.
The new ship loading facility was constructed to accommodate increased production and allow independent operation from the Alcoa shiploader.
ECM was awarded the main electrical installation works, which included the supply and installation of all electrical cabling and equipment for the project, as well as the pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing of all equipment and associated areas.
Scope of Work
- Installation of cable and cable ladder to the existing caustic substation and tank farm area.
- Installation of conveyor A5 instrumentation to the Alcoa Plant.
- Works to the existing switch house and a new sample station.
- Installation of data and voice communications and security systems.
- Installation of 22kV switch gear, 415kV switchboard and 415V MCC for the electrical distribution centre.