ECM was awarded multiple electrical and instrumentation (E&I) installation packages for various phases of Fortescue Metals Group’s (Fortescue) T155 Port Expansion Project in Port Hedland, Western Australia. The project expanded the capacity of the facility and increased the iron ore output from 55 million tonne per annum (mtpa) to 155mtpa.
The development included outloading and inloading circuits, new berths, shiploaders, reclaimers, stacker, train unloaders, conveyor systems, transfer stations, sample stations, power and control systems and associated infrastructure.
Prior to the T155 Port Expansion Project, ECM completed the E&I installation works on Fortescue’s Point Anderson Port Expansion, Team 45 Project and the Fortescue Optimisation Project.
Scope of Work
- Intersubstation fibre optic cable installations, terminations and testing.
- Installation of switchrooms and communication systems.
- Supply and installation of LV equipment and conveyor instruments.
- Erection of structural steelwork cable support systems.
- Supply and installation of LV cables and communication cables for switchrooms, transfer stations, conveyors, shiploaders and for the associated wharf lighting.
- Installation of underground HV cabling.